Today 8am Page 203 Divine Service Setting 4
9:15-10am Adult Bible Class & Sunday School
10:15am pg. 203 Divine Service Setting 4
11:30am Catechism- Public School
12 Noon-7pm Fellowship Hall in use
Monday: 7pm New Year’s Eve Service
Wednesday: School Resumes
Next Sunday: 8am pg. 184 Divine Service Setting 3
9:15-10:00 am Sunday school and Bible Class
10:15am pg. 184 Divine Service Setting 3
NEWS AND NOTES, December 30, 2018
At St. Paul, Preble
- ADAMS HERITAGE AND WOODCREST. For those involved with pushing wheelchairs and bringing our residents to the Divine Services at Woodcrest- I am now in the rotation also at Adams Heritage. I will visit both places next on Jan. 10th (Adams H- 11AM; Woodcrest 1:30PM) and would certainly appreciate your help if available. Please see me if you would like a schedule.
- Installation of Officers elected and appointed will be next Sunday in both service. Please attend
- FINAL REPORTS. The various church organizations should get their final reports to our church secretary by January 11th so the annual report can be completed before the Church Council meeting on January28th.
- ENDOWMENT FUND. Do you have an idea on how the St. Paul Endowment Fund can be used for the following items? 1. Missions: Local, regional and world projects. 2. Youth: Support for youth of all ages. 3. Worship and Music: Support for the worship activities of our congregation. 4. Capital Projects: Major renovations and building of new facilities. All members are encouraged to consider potential uses for these funds. submit ideas and quotes for any of the items listed above for the 2019 year. In the recent years more than $222,000 has been used to support the above items. Application forms and Bylaws can be found on the table in the rear of the church. Grant applications will be accepted thru January 6th. Any questions call Sue Buuck, Barry Melcher, Ethan Brege, Catherine Faurote or Mike Werling.
At Wyneken Lutheran School
- As we celebrate the 50th anniversary of our Wyneken Lutheran School, we recognize the graduates of our school. This week we remember the Wyneken graduating class of 1988. Jeremy Aumann, Tyrone Boenker, Kathlyn Brandt, Kristie Braun, Corbin Bultemeier, Larkanne Bultemeyer, Robert Buuck, Marnie Caston, Brian Fuhrmann, Jennifer Gallmeyer, Marcie Keuneke, Gina Kreigh, Adam Liby, Shane McBride Jason Scheumann, Joshua Scheumann, Nathan Selking, Machelle Smith, Malissa Smith
- Wyneken Open House: Sunday, January 27, 2019 from 12:00-3:00pm. This is an opportunity for any new church families and those with pre-school, pre-kindergarten, kindergarten aged children and any new families to visit our school, speak with school personnel, and learn more about the valuable education we offer. If you know of a family who would be interested in, please share this with them or have them contact the school at 260-639-6177.
- January Events & Activities: January 3,Classes will resume; January 3, School Spelling Bee@1:45pm; January 18, birthday lunches with the principal; January 21, No School, MLK day (planned e-Learning day); January 25, Grade 3 to the Shriners Circus; January 25, Pep Session, 2pm; January 27, School Open House @12-3pm; January 27-Feb 1, National Lutheran Schools Week; February 1, Family Game Night, 6:30pm; February 1, Mid-term of 3rd
- “50th Anniversary Gala & Silent Auction” We would appreciate your support and partnership with us as we hold our 50th Anniversary Gala & Silent Auction March 2. This special event helps reduce the number of smaller fundraisers our school does while helping to benefit our students, teachers, and staff through the dollars raised. Portion of the proceeds from this event will be used to help update and improve the school’s playground. We are seeking donations for the silent auction as well as sponsorship. Your donations are greatly appreciated and are tax deductible. All donors will be featured in our event program! For any information call Kari Butcher 260-223-2277 / or Erin Hull 260-580-2709/
- Next Week Readings: Isaiah 60:1-6, Ephesians 3:1-12, Matthew 2:1-12