Today 8am The Baptism of our Lord DS III, P. 184
9:15-10am Adult Bible Class & Sunday School
10:15am The Baptism of our Lord DS III, P. 184
Tuesday: 6am Early Bird Bible Study (St. John Parish Hall)
Wednesday: 7pm Choir Practice
Thursday: 7 pm Ladies Aid
Next Sunday: 8am The 2nd Sunday after Epiphany, Matins P.219
9:15-10:00am Sunday School & Bible Class
10:15am The 2nd Sunday after Epiphany, DS III, P.184
NEWS AND NOTES, January13, 2019
At St. Paul, Preble
- BAPTISM & CONFIRMATION. Today at the 10:15am service, Cody McCullough receives the new birth by water and the Spirit in Holy Baptism, and is confirmed a member of St. Paul. Rejoice with Cody, his wife Madeline, and their families on this joyous occasion.
- PICTURE DIRECTORY. Save the date: from 4-9th, our own Rebecca Hoffman will be taking pictures for a new Church Directory. These pictures and the new directory will come at no cost to you, but you may personally purchase your own portraits from Rebecca after church-wide photo session is over. Please visit http://www.photographyby-rlh.com/stpaul2019 to sign up for a time. More information will follow in the coming weeks.
- DECATUR LUTHERAN BIBLE INSTITUTE. This year’s LBI will take place on the upcoming Tuesday nights, 6,12,19, and 26 at Wyneken from 7-9:15pm. Presenters are Dr.’s Pless, Gieschen, and Rev. Wietfeldt from CTS-Ft Wayne, and Pastor Yeager, who will present on the Book of Hebrews. The cost is $10 per adult/per course, free for college, H.S., and elementary students. Pre-enroll for LBI with our parish representative Darrel Ehlerding.
- BABY SHOWER. We love babies! And we love their moms and dads! In support of Sanctity of Human Life, we are providing you with the opportunity to purchase new baby items for the Hope Clinic. We are hosting a Church wide baby shower, so that we can bless those who have chosen life for their child. Please contribute: diaper bags, strollers, diapers (size 4-6), wipes, new baby equipment (cribs, mattresses, high chairs, baby gates, carrier infant car seats, toddler seats/boosters), crib sheets, laundry soap, potty chair or ring, pacifiers, teething toys, bottles and sippy cups, baby tableware, baby toys, baby clothes (newborn through 2T), receiving blankets, formula. Children's books up to age
- We do not need baby powder or baby oil. For mothers: gently used maternity clothes suitable for the workplace. St. Paul will host this drive from Sun., Jan. 6 to Sun., Feb. 3.
- ASSISTANTS FOR HOLY COMMUNION. On Sundays where Pr. Brege and the seminarians are not present, Pr. Yeager will need an extra hand with Communion distribution. If you have served as a deacon before and would be interested to help Pr. Yeager, please speak with him at your convenience.
- FINAL REPORTS. Please get all final reports to the Church Office today.
At Wyneken Lutheran School
- As we celebrate the 50th anniversary of our Wyneken Lutheran School, we recognize the graduates of our school. This week we remember the Wyneken graduating class of 1990. Heidi Brege, Shelby Bultemeier, Tonya Bultemeyer, Matthew Buuck, Nicole Christman, Amanda Croucher, James Everett, Benjamin Habel, Melissa Hartman, Laura Heckman, Brian Hoffman, Sarah Hoffman, Angel Kolter, Jeffrey Kreigh, Sarah Krey, Kristina Kummer, Marcus Lichtle, Bryan Oetting, Aaron Rhymer, Aaron Scheumann, Holly Scheumann, Christopher Selking
- Wyneken Open House: Sunday, January 27, 2019 from 12:00-3:00pm. This is an opportunity for any new church families and those with pre-school, pre-kindergarten, kindergarten aged children and any new families to visit our school, speak with school personnel, and learn more about the valuable education we offer. If you know of a family who would be interested in, please share this with them or have them contact the school at 260-639-6177.
- January Events & Activities: January 18, birthday lunches with the principal; January 21, No School, MLK day (planned e-Learning day); January 25, Grade 3 to the Shriners Circus; January 25, Pep Session, 2pm; January 27, School Open House @12-3pm; January 27-Feb 1,National Lutheran Schools Week; February 1, Family Game Night, 6:30pm; February 1, Mid-term of 3rd
- “50th Anniversary Gala & Silent Auction” We would appreciate your support and partnership with us as we hold our 50th Anniversary Gala & Silent Auction March 2. This special event helps reduce the number of smaller fundraisers our school does while helping to benefit our students, teachers, and staff through the dollars raised. Portion of the proceeds from this event will be used to help update and improve the school’s playground. We are seeking donations for the silent auction as well as sponsorship. Your donations are greatly appreciated and are tax deductible. All donors will be featured in our event program! For any information call Kari Butcher 260-223-2277 / or Erin Hull 260-580-2709/
- Next Week Readings: Isaiah 62:1-5, 1 Corinthians12:1-11, John 2:1-11