Today: 8am pg 184 Divine Service, Setting Three
9:15-10am Adult Bible Class & Sunday School
10:15am pg. 219 Matins
Choir Anthem: “There is a Redeemer”
6:30-8:30pm Youth Gathering at Parsonage 1
Tuesday: 6am Early Bird Bible Class
7pm Adult Instruction Class and Bible Class
Wednesday: 7pm Choir practice
Thursday: 7am cookie decorating
Next Sunday: 8am pg. 184 Divine Service, Setting Three
9:15-10:00 am Sunday school and Bible Class
10:15am pg. 219 Matins
NEWS AND NOTES, NOVEMBER 11, 2018
At St. Paul, Preble
- November Baptismal Birthdays Braden Borne, Ethan Borne, Hilton Bluhm, Xadrian Brune, Jacob Miller, Jordan Miller, Grant Harkless, Parker Nower, Kara Smith, Zach Vitatoe, Derick Vogel
- Cookie Decorating Please join use for some fun in decorating cookies, Thursday morning at 7am.
- Paul’s Ladies Aid Bazaar and Luncheon Nov. 17th, 10:30-1pm. Noodles, decorated cookies, bake sale, and craft items. All are welcome.
- Alter Guild is in need of someone to fill candles and change pararments for two months out of the year starting in 2019. If interested please call Kim Ehlerding at 701-8368
- Thank you from Jim Merriman family Thank you to Pastor Yeager for all his prayers and kind words and visits. Thank you to all who gave memorials and visit and prayers. Thanks to the Ladies Aid for the excellent meal!
- Thank you from Beth Merriman Thank you for all the cards and prayers and visits during my recent accident.
- Youth Gathering at Parsonage 1 November 4, 11, 18; 6:30-8:30 p.m. for all interested High Schoolers. Attendance has been great at these gatherings! Pastor Yeager and Pastor Brock will plan to be present. Join us on Sunday evenings for food, fellowship, and fun. No Gathering Thanksgiving Weekend.
- Middle School Youth – Bonfire and Games at the Amsteins’ Home. All 6-8th grade students are invited to the home of Stephen, Meg, Hayden, and McKinsey Amstein on Sunday, November 18 from 12noon-4 p.m. for a bonfire and games. Their address is 11817 Hoagland Road; Hoagland, IN 46745. Hot dogs, s’mores, drinks, and games will be provided. Please bring a side to share and dress appropriately for November weather. For planning purposes, it will be helpful if you RSVP to the Amsteins by November 14. We hope to see you there! Email or send a text to 260-312-4527.
- Thanksgiving Day Service will be Nov. 22 at 9am. We come together on this national Day of Thanksgiving to give thanks to God for the harvest, and all the earthly blessings he so freely bestows upon us throughout the year.
- Email and Updated Contract Information: if you would like to start receiving email announcements of upcoming events at Preble, please write your email address on the Church Director in the narthex. Also please update any relevant contact information on the Church Directory. Apologies for its absence last week!
- Paul Endowment Fund. Do you have an idea on how the St. Paul Endowment Fund can be used for the following items? 1. Missions: Local, regional and world projects. 2. Youth: Support for youth of all ages. 3. Worship and Music: Support for the worship activities of our congregation. 4. Capital Projects: Major renovations and building of new facilities. All members are encouraged to consider potential uses for these funds. Take this time to give it some thought to submit ideas and quotes for any of the items listed above for the 2019 year. In the recent years more than $222,000 has been used to support the above items. Application forms and Bylaws can be found on the table in the rear of the church. Grant applications will be accepted thru January 6th. Any questions call Sue Buuck, Barry Melcher, Ethan Brege, Catherine Faurote or Mike Werling.
At Wyneken Lutheran School
- As we celebrate the 50th anniversary of our Wyneken Memorial Lutheran School, we recognize the graduates of our school. This week we remember the Wyneken graduation class of 1981.Dale Berning, Charlene Bradtmueller, Debra DeBolt, Linda Fuhrmann, Christina German, Mark Hartman, Tammy Hike, Brent Hockemeyer, Peggy Hockemeyer, Roger Hormann, Christopher Kendall, Debra Kiess, Dawn Liby, Tonya Lommatzsch, Matthew Macke, Sheri Peters, Jay Schieferstein, Darrin Selking, Janeen Smith, Amy Uffelman
- Wyneken class of 2020 is selling Red or White Poinsettias 8” pots for $13 each. Orders are due by Friday Nov, 16th and delivery will be Nov. 29. You can contact one of the students for your order. Aiden Faurote, Madison Fisher, Kord Fuelling, Beau David, Amanda Rabel, Maddie Reinhart
- SCRIP: A new SCRIP representative (volunteer position) is needed for Zion, Friedheim and for St. Paul, Preble. Please prayerfully consider your church and school in this capacity. If interested, contact Mr. Gavrun at principal or by phone at 260-639-6177
- SGO Donations. For those donating to our Wyneken School through an SGO, SGO donations will still give the donor a 50% tax credit for their Indiana State taxes. However, the federal IRS will no longer allow such donations to be itemized. Call John Dize at 260-203-4509 or go to
- Attendance Record. Our Wyneken Parents who attend worship here with their Wyneken children are reminded to initial their column on the special books in the narthex. We have begun another 6 months of record keeping for attendance. Recall that each family with their Wyneken children must attend at least 14 services at the church to retain their member tuition status.
- Next week lessons: Daniel 12:1-3, Hebrews 10:11-25, Mark 13:1-13
Prayers of the Church
+St. Paul Lutheran Church
+The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, our Congregations and Sister Churches
+Rev. Matthew C. Harrison, Synod President
+Rev. Andrew Yeager, Pastor of St. Paul
+Rev. Daniel Brege, Pastor of St. Paul, President of the Indiana District
+President Donald Trump, the Legislature and Supreme Court of the United States
+Governor Eric Holcomb, the Legislature and Judiciary of Indiana
+The Sick and Recovering: Cheryl Hoffman
+The Homebound: Delores Rumple, Edna Mesing, Fred and Irene Bieberich, Malinda Bieberich, Don Haines.
+Birthdays: Joy Hamilton, Dawn Melton, Katelyn Reinhart, Daniel Brege, Ralph Ewell Braden Borne, Ethan Borne, Fred Macke, Colton Butcher
8am 96 Bible Class 73 10:15am 116
Need Weekly: $7,049.90 Received Last Week:
(+) or (-) Weekly: (+) or (-) Year to Date: (53,468.77)
Saint Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church--Preble
4510 W 750 N, Decatur, Indiana 46733 | 260.574.4176
Pastor: Rev. Andrew Yeager | 260-226-0375 |
Pastor: Dr. Daniel J Brege | 260-547-4256
Director of Music: Mrs. Connie Garner
Seminary Student: Timothy Schmeisser, Brendan Harris
Acolytes for November: 8am Austin Comer 10:15am Noah Zimmerman
Greeters: 8am Tom & Gelana Korte
10:15am Dean, Cindy & Renee Gallmeyer