NEWS AND NOTES, NOVEMBER 18, 2018
At St. Paul, Preble
- Altar Guild is in need of someone to fill candles and change paraments for two months out of the year starting in 2019. If interested please call Kim Ehlerding at 701-8368
- Youth Gathering at Parsonage 1 November 18; 6:30-8:30 p.m. for all interested High Schoolers. Attendance has been great at these gatherings! Pastor Yeager and Pastor Brock will plan to be present. Join us on Sunday evenings for food, fellowship, and fun. No Gathering Thanksgiving Weekend.
- Thanksgiving Day Service will be Nov. 22 at 9am. We come together on this national Day of Thanksgiving to give thanks to God for the harvest, and all the earthly blessings he so freely bestows upon us throughout the year.
- Email and Updated Contact Information: if you would like to start receiving email announcements of upcoming events at Preble, please write your email address on the Church Director in the narthex. Also please update any relevant contact information on the Church Directory.
- Paul Endowment Fund. Do you have an idea on how the St. Paul Endowment Fund can be used for the following items? 1. Missions: Local, regional and world projects. 2. Youth: Support for youth of all ages. 3. Worship and Music: Support for the worship activities of our congregation. 4. Capital Projects: Major renovations and building of new facilities. All members are encouraged to consider potential uses for these funds. Take this time to give it some thought to submit ideas and quotes for any of the items listed above for the 2019 year. In the recent years more than $222,000 has been used to support the above items. Application forms and Bylaws can be found on the table in the rear of the church. Grant applications will be accepted thru January 6th. Any questions call Sue Buuck, Barry Melcher, Ethan Brege, Catherine Faurote or Mike Werling.
At Wyneken Lutheran School
- As we celebrate the 50th anniversary of our Wyneken Memorial Lutheran School, we recognize the graduates of our school. This week we remember the Wyneken graduation class of 1982. Gregory Becker, Alan Bieberich,Lana Bieberich,, Melyssa Bultemeier, Taya Bultemeyer, Sherri Buuck, Leanne Conrad, Amy Daugherty, Julie Gallmeyer,Kristina Gallmeyer, Todd Gehres, James Hinkle, Rick Johnson, Jana Kiess, Stacy Layton, Kim Liby, Daun Lommatzsch, Kolleen Macke, Myra Mailand, Jani Scheiman, Darin Scheuman
- SCRIP: A new SCRIP representative (volunteer position) is needed for Zion, Friedheim and for St. Paul, Preble. Please prayerfully consider your church and school in this capacity. If interested, contact Mr. Gavrun at principal or by phone at 260-639-6177
- SGO Donations. For those donating to our Wyneken School through an SGO, SGO donations will still give the donor a 50% tax credit for their Indiana State taxes. However, the federal IRS will no longer allow such donations to be itemized. Call John Dize at 260-203-4509 or go to
- Attendance Record. Our Wyneken Parents who attend worship here with their Wyneken children are reminded to initial their column on the special books in the narthex. We have begun another 6 months of record keeping for attendance. Recall that each family with their Wyneken children must attend at least 14 services at the church to retain their member tuition status.
“50th Anniversary Gala & Silent Auction” We would appreciate your support and partnership with us as we hold our 50th Anniversary Gala & Silent Auction. This special event helps reduce the number of smaller fundraisers our school does while helping to benefit our students, teachers, and staff through the dollars raised. Portion of the proceeds from this event will be used to help update and improve the school’s playground. We are seeking donations for the silent auction as well as sponsorship. Your donations are greatly appreciated and are tax deductible. All donors will be featured in our event program! For any information call Kari Butcher 260-223-2277 / or Erin Hull 260-580-2709/
- Next Week Readings: Isiah 51:4-6, Jude 20-25, Mark 13:24-37