Serving Christ During the Week
Today: Guest Preacher: [Rev. Martin Moehoring]
8am Matins p 219
9:15-10am Adult Bible Class & Sunday School
10:15am Divine Service p 184, Setting Three
3pm Installation for Pastor Andrew Yeager
Wednesday: 7pm Adult Instruction Class and Bible Class
7pm Choir practice
Thursday: 1pn pushing wheel chairs at Woodcrest
8am Divine Service
9:15-10:00 am Sunday School and Bible Class
2-6 Parish hall in use
6:30-8:30 Youth Gathering at Parsonage 1(bonfire!)
NEWS AND NOTES October 7, 2018
- We welcome today Rev. Martin Moehoring as our Guest Pastor and celebrant.
- In appreciation for our new pastor and his family we are having a food shower which will be given to them after the installation today. Boxes will be available in the narthex for your donations. May this be a generous way to welcome Pastor Yeager, his wife, Heather and children Andrew, Mary and Eve.
- At 3pm today Pastor Yeager will be installed, all are welcome. A light supper will be served after the service.
- Next Elders and council meeting will be October 15th at 6pm and 7pm. Voters meeting on the 16th at 7pm
- We will be making noodles on the 22nd, 23rd, 25th and 26th starting at 7am each day. Come whenever you can and stay as long as you wish. Lunch is served each day. Come and join in the fellowship.
- The Wyneken School Board of Education would like to thank the High School Youth group for their hard work and service last Sunday evening. Much was accomplished; Planting beds, Weeding green house and cleanup, shrubbery planted and even LED light fixtures were done. Thank you for your time and hard work, may God continue to bless our Churches and our School Association.
- Change of Date: Due to the installation of Pastor Yeager the LLL/LWML has been moved to October 14th at Zion, Friedheim, 3pm. Program: Life of Friedrich Conrad Dietich Wyneken. A light evening meal will be served.
- Our Wyneken parents who attend worship here with their Wyneken children are reminded to initial their column on the special books in the narthex. We have begun another 6 months of record keeping for attendance. Recall that each family with their Wyneken children must attend at least 14 services at the church to retain their member tuition status.
- The Early-Bird Bible Class, which meets every Tuesday morning at 6 a.m. in the Bingen Parish Hall, will begin studying the book of Acts this Tuesday. This offers a wonderful way to start the day with the Word of God and prayer.
- Zion Lutheran Church Decatur is having their annual soup & sandwich day on Friday, October 12, 11am-1pm & 4:00pm-6:00pm. Proceeds go to kitchen improvements, church improvements, School DC trip, LCMS Youth and Missions
- As we celebrate the 50th anniversary of our Wyneken Memorial Lutheran School, we recognize the graduates of our school. This week we remember the Wyneken graduation class of 1976. Rodney Bieberich, Timothy Blomenberg, Kimary Blum, Lee Bradtmueller, Kathleen Busse, Kevin Buuck, Robert Crosby, Timothy Ehlerding, Lee Graves, Ray Hobrock, Todd Hockemeryer, Wendy Holle, Kenton Kleine, Kelly Macke, C hristine McDougall, Shelly Menter, Kim Peters, Annette Schaekel, Jacquelyn Scheumann, Kevin Schroeder, Corene Schueler, Debra Smith, Dale Springer, Dirk Stoppenhagen, Jay Witte, Ralph Zander
- The ladies of Zion Lutheran Church Schumm, will be having their annual ham loaf and baked steak supper with all the trimmings on Saturday, October 13th. Serving time is from 4:30-7:30pm. Donation is $8.00 adults and $4.00 12 and Carry-out available, 4 miles east of Willshire at 17434 Schumm Rd
- For those planning to donate to our Wyneken School through an SGO, SGO donatios update: SGO donations WILL still give the donor a 50% tax credit for their Indians taxes. However the Federal IRS will no longer allow such donations to be itemized. Call Jon Dize at 260-203-4509 or go to
- “Prayer list” for members to use as they bring the needs of others before God’s throne of grace: Kathy Terhune has miraculously shown improvement; James Johnson; Marilyn Harvey; Rae Fuhrmann (long time Wyneken teacher )
- New Hope Luther Church Senior Citizen Lunch age 55 and better Thursday, October 4 at 11:30am-1:00pm. Program by Pastor Peter Brock from St John Bingen.
- Now accepting snow removal bids: please contact the school office by Monday, October 8.
- St Peter Lutheran Church (Fuelling) swiss steak or chicken breast dinner Sunday, October 14th 10:30-1:00pm Adults $9 12 and under $5
- St Peter Immanuel Lutheran School Fish and Tenderloin dinner, Saturday, October 27 4-7pm Adults $10 Children $5 under 5 free
- St John (Flatrock) fall rummage sale Friday Oct. 19th and Saturday, Oct 20th
- Next week lessons: Amos 5:6-7, 10-15, Hebrews 3:12-19, Mark 10:17-22
Saint Paul Lutheran Church
P: Lord, in your mercy C: Hear our prayer:
Our Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
Installation of Pastor Andrew Yeager
Our Sick & Shut-in
Birthdays: Corey Bulmahn, Hannah Faurote, Faye Keuneke, Jensen Jeffrey, Breanna Strome, Brooke Bell
SERVICE OF LOVE IN CHRIST
Serving Christ and Being Served in Worship
9am. Bible class 49
Serving Christ in our Offerings
Need Weekly: $7,049.90 Received Last Week: 3,434.75
(+) or (-) Weekly: ($3,615.15) (+) or (-) Year to Date: ( $ 56,686.82)