Serving Christ During the Week
Today: Guest Preacher: [Rev. Mark Steiner]
8am, Divine Service, Setting Three
9:15-10am Adult Bible Class & Sunday School
10:15am Divine Service
12noon Wyneken Golf Fundraiser (see notes)
3pm SRD Workshop here for Sewing Cancer Pads
6:30-8:30pm Wyneken Volunteer Service and Games at Wyneken
Monday: ( Morning) Cleaning of Parsonage
Tuesday: Pastor Yeager and family moving in
Wednesday: 7pm Adult Instruction Class
7pm Choir practice
9:15-10:00 am Sunday School and Bible Class
10:15am Divine Service, Setting Three
3pm Installation and reception for Pastor Yeager
NEWS AND NOTES September 30, 2018
- We welcome today Rev. Mark Steiner as our Guest Pastor and celebrant.
- In appreciation for our new pastor and his family we are having a food shower which will be given to them at the installation on October 7th. Boxes will be available in the narthex for your donations. May this be a generous way to welcome Pastor Yeager, his wife, Heather and children Andrew, Mary and Eve.
- Portal of Prayer books were handed out last Sunday. If you didn’t get one please make sure you do. The readings begin tomorrow.
- If anyone is willing and able to help, a few members of the Ladies Aid will be cleaning the parsonage Monday morning to get it ready for Pastor Yeager and family who are set to move on Tuesday.
- Next Elders and council meeting will be October 15th at 6pm and 7pm. Voters meeting on the 16th at 7pm.
- As Pastor Brege is able, he will teach the Adult Instruction Class on Wednesday evening. He hopes to teach this class either until its completion
or until the next pastor can take over.
- The choir will be singing at the installation service for Pastor Yeager. Anyone wanting to join are welcome to Wednesday night practice at 7pm.
- God’s Word/Bible Class from 9:15-10am. Substitute pastors will teach on a topic of their choice, often teaching on one of the lessons of the day. We thank again those individuals who will be teaching our children in Sunday School. May we all grow in the grace and KNOWLEDGE of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18)
- As Pastor Brege is now working fulltime with Indiana District matters, in an urgent situation members are encouraged to contact an area pastor (Dahling, Brock, Voorman, Christian).
- Change of Date: Due to the installation of Pastor Yeager the LLL/LWML has been moved to October 14th at Zion, Friedheim, 3pm. Program: Life of Friedrich Conrad Dietich Wyneken. A light evening meal will be served.
- Our Wyneken parents who attend worship here with their Wyneken children are reminded to initial their column on the special books in the narthex. We have begun another 6 months of record keeping for attendance. Recall that each family with their Wyneken children must attend at least 14 services at the church to retain their member tuition status.
- The Early-Bird Bible Class, which meets every Tuesday morning at 6 a.m. in the Bingen Parish Hall, will begin studying the book of Acts this Tuesday. This offers a wonderful way to start the day with the Word of God and prayer.
- Zion Lutheran Church Decatur is having their annual soup & sandwich day. Friday, October 12, 11am-1pm & 4:00pm-6:00pm. Proceeds go to kitchen improvements, church improvements, School DC trip, LCMS Youth and Missions
- As we celebrate the 50th anniversary of our Wyneken Memorial Lutheran School, we recognize the graduates of our school. This week we remember the Wyneken graduation class of 1975. Kevin Bradtmueller, Karen Busse, Tamara DeBolt, Vickie Everett, Jon Fuhrman, Alan Haines, Penny Hockemeyer, Cara Hoppes, Debra Hormann, Murl Keidel, Pamela Keuneke, Lynnda Kiess, Keith Macke, Michael Macke, Kayleen Mailand, Walter Mesing, Pamela Meyers, Janine Rice, Mark Scheumann, Keith Schlegel, Lori Schroeder, Gary Selking, Wava Witte, Lisa Wolfe
- The ladies of Zion Lutheran Church Schumm, will be having their annual ham loaf and baked steak supper with all the trimmings on Saturday, October 13th. Serving time is from 4:30-7:30pm. Donation is $8.00 adults and $4.00 12 and Carry-out available, 4 miles east of Willshire at 17434 Schumm Rd
- For those planning to donate to our Wyneken School through an SGO, SGO donatios update: SGO donations WILL still give the donor a 50% tax credit for their Indians taxes. However the Federal IRS will no longer allow such donations to be itemized. Call Jon Dize at 260-203-4509 or go to
- Wyneken Golf Fundraiser: The Wyneken Class of 2020 (current 7thgrade) golf outing fundraiser is today at the Cross Creek Golf Course in Decatur. Four-person scramble with a shotgun start at 12pm. Golfers of all ages and abilities are welcome! $240/per foursome; $60/individual – Cost includes greens fees, prizes and dinner. A meal will follow at approximately 5pm in the pavilion and will be catered by Nine Mile Restaurant. Don’t golf? That’s okay, you can purchase meal tickets only for $12. There will be Individual and Team prizes - Longest drive and closest to the pin contest – Putting contest – Skins Game! We are looking for sponsors! Promote your business while you support the class of 2020. All proceeds go towards trip expenses. . For information contact Greg Louis at 260-450-2923 or by email at .
- "Prayer list" for members to use as they bring the needs of others before God's throne of grace: Kathy Terhune has miraculously shown improvement ; James Johnson; Marilyn Harvey; Rae Fuhrmann (long time Wyneken teacher).
- New Hope Luther Church Senior Citizen Lunch age 55 and better Thursday, October 4 at 11:30am-1:00pm. Program by Pastor Peter Brock from St John Bingen.
- Today Immanuel Lutheran Church Hog Roast with bake sale at 11am-1pm
- Now accepting snow removal bids: please contact the school office by Monday, October 8.
Saint Paul Lutheran Church
Sermon: The Gifts God Freely Gives
Sermon Summary: The children of Israel are up to their old tricks of complaining about the manna. The burdens the people bring to Moses weigh heavily on him. The Lord God tells Moses to gather seventy elders of the people at the tent of meeting. There God gives the same Spirit He gave to Moses to the seventy elders. They begin to speak God’s Word to the people God wants these elders to help oses bear the burdens of the people.
P: Lord, in your mercy C: Hear our prayer:
Our Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
Surgery Wednesday Pastor Brege
Our Sick & Shut-in
Birthdays: Liam Pearson, Russel Fennig, Zac Blum, Tim Gerke, Parker Nower
SERVICE OF LOVE IN CHRIST
Serving Christ and Being Served in Worship
9am. Bible class 56
Serving Christ in our Offerings
Need Weekly: $7,049.90 Received Last Week:
(+) or (-) Weekly: (+) or (-) Year to Date: $